Come share you love of books by sharing your time at the upcoming 30th Annual Friends of Boerne Library Book Sale! We need volunteers to serve as:
- Greeters to welcome customers, hand out maps, answer general questions.
- Cashiers (Regular, Express, Roving) to tally sales and handle money.
- A Head Cashier to collect money from Regular and Roving cashiers and make change.
- Big Bucks Book Dealer Cashiers to tally sales and handle money.
- Raffle/Membership table helpers to sell raffle tickets, Friends memberships and gift certificates.
- Exit Checkers to verify that items have been paid for.
- Holding Area Attendees store books for shoppers and monitor the 'go back' table.
- Table Monitors to put 'go back' books back on tables, keep tables organized, and stock tables.
- An Empty Box organizer to stack empty boxes on the stage.
- Refreshment volunteers to bring snacks for volunteers during the week.
MARCH BOOK SALE
SET UPMonday Feb 27 thru Wednesday Feb 29: Volunteers needed 8:00 until.....??
Thursday Mar 1: 8:00 until noon
BOOK SALEFriday Mar 2: 11:00-2:00 and 2:00-5:00
Saturday Mar 3: 9:00-noon; noon-3:00; 3:00-5:00
Sunday Mar 4: 10:00-1:00; 1:00-4:00
Monday Mar 5: 8:00 Until...?????
As a Friend of the Boerne Public Library, we hope you'll join us by showing your volunteer spirit! Sign up now to help us with our signature event!
Our fund raising goal at this year's book sale is $30,000, to commemorate the Friends' 30th anniversary. To reach this goal, we are selling table sponsorships! We are reaching out to local businesses and individuals, asking everyone to give $100 to sponsor a table (or two or three!). Would you like to sponsor a table? For just $100, you can join the ranks of Friends' book sale supporters!!
When you sponsor a table your name will appear on an 8.5 x 11 sign and your name, or who you gave in honor of, will be announced over the PA system at the event four times a day over the three day period.
INTERESTED: Contact Judith Umberger at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for your sponsorship. ALL CONTRIBUTIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
Our fabulous NEW building is ready! We will be open the first Wednesday of every month from 9:00 until noon. Come browse through lots of gently used books at bargain prices and enjoy some refreshments! Buy local and support the PHPL!
- Our next meeting is Friday, February 3 at 10:30 in the library. Everyone is welcome.
- We need boxes for packing books for the March sale. Any sturdy boxes you can donate would be appreciated. If you're a Costco member, please get them in the back by the coffee or up front by the tobacco products. In addition, there are boxes with handles on the side that would be useful in the holding area. So if you're making a shopping trip to Costco, please try to remember the Friends and pick up some boxes! Thank you!
JOIN THE FRIENDS OF THE BOERNE LIBRARY
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE